The Bruey Cottage
The Bruey Cottage is a renovated and restored Georgian Cape located on six lush acres in Norfolk, Connecticut. Built in 1790 by Captain John Bradley, a Revolutionary War Veteran, the home experienced various cosmetic updates over the years but suffered from extensive structural damage. The cottage was purchased in 2017, and over two years the envelope was fully re-built, the kitchen was gut-renovated, and the historical interior details were refurbished. Great care was taken to honor the original architecture and materials of the home whilst implementing the necessary improvements. Today, the Bruey Cottage has four bedrooms, two bathrooms, three seating areas, dining room, office, and light-flooded kitchen that overlooks venerable oak trees and farmstead stone walls.